Hourly Rate: £10.50 to £11.50
Department/Section: Aspire Manufacturing Plant, shop floor/warehouse
Main purposes of job: Produce finished products or subassemblies by assembling parts
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare work to be assembled using bills of a materials parts lists and drawings.
- Gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Position parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assemble components by fastening parts and subassemblies using compressed air, battery and manual tools.
- Verify specifications by measuring complete components.
- Keep equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
- Receive deliveries and verify delivery notes and book goods in to stock.
- Prepare products for dispatch and arrange collection from carrier.
- Deliver and install products at customer addresses
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Ensure quality level of assembled products meets company standards.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Reporting to: Departmental Supervisor and Production Manager
- 1.5x overtime for hours worked over 38 hours per week
- Target driven bonus
- Contract type – 3 months temp to perm contract
- Working Hours – 38 hours per week
- Monday to Thursday – 7am to 4pm
- Friday – 7am to 11am (overtime normally allocated after standard hours Friday)
- Paid 10 minute morning and afternoon break
- Unpaid 30 minute lunch break