Hourly Rate: National Living Wage to £9.50
Department/Section: Aspire Manufacturing Plant, shop floor/warehouse
Main purposes of job: Produce finished products or subassemblies by assembling parts.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Prepare work to be assembled using bills of a materials parts lists and drawings.
• Gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
• Position parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
• Assemble components by fastening parts and subassemblies using compressed air, battery and manual tools.
• Verify specifications by measuring complete components.
• Keep equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
• Receive deliveries and verify delivery notes and book goods in to stock.
• Prepare products for dispatch and arrange collection from carrier.
• Deliver and install products at customer addresses
• Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
• Ensure quality level of assembled products meets company standards.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Reporting to: Departmental Supervisor and Production Manager
- 1.5x overtime for hours worked over 38 hours per week
- Target driven bonus
- Contract type – 3 months temp to perm contract
- Working Hours – 38 hours per week
- Monday to Thursday – 7am to 4pm
- Friday – 7am to 11am (overtime normally allocated after standard hours Friday)
- Paid 10 minute morning and afternoon break
- Unpaid 30 minute lunch break