Hourly Rate: £11.50 to £13.00
Department/Section: Aspire Manufacturing Plant, shop floor/warehouse
Main purposes of job: As a Quilting Machine Operator you will be responsible for running quilting machine effectively to achieving daily production targets and meeting company standards for quality
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Hitting production targets each day for volumes through the quilting machines
- Ensuing company standards for quality are met for all materials processed through the machines
- To perform machine set up for each production run, selecting programmes and conducting needle changes.
- To ensure the machine is effectively supplied with material to optimise each production run.
- To perform basic machine repairs such as replacing needles and threads, thread tensioning, rethreading and adjusting timing.
- Keeping equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Documenting actions by completing production and quality forms
Reporting to: Departmental Supervisor and Production Manager
- 1.5x overtime for hours worked over 38 hours per week
- Target driven bonus
- Contract type – 3 months temp to perm contract
- Working Hours – 38 hours per week
- Monday to Thursday – 7am to 4pm
- Friday – 7am to 11am (overtime normally allocated after standard hours Friday)
- Paid 10 minute morning and afternoon break
- Unpaid 30 minute lunch break