Hourly Rate: £10.50 to £11.50
Department/Section: Aspire Manufacturing Plant, shop floor/warehouse
Main purposes of job: As a Sewing Machinist you will be responsible for operating sewing machines effectively to create sewing covers and panels for divan frames, bed frames and mattresses, achieving daily production targets and meeting company standards for quality
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Hitting production targets each day for volumes through the sewing machines
- Ensuing company standards for quality are met for all materials processed through the machines
- To perform machine set up for each production run, selecting programmes.
- To ensure the machine is effectively supplied with material to optimise each production run.
- To perform basic machine repairs such as replacing needles and threads, thread tensioning, rethreading and adjusting timing.
- Keeping equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Documenting actions by completing production and quality forms
Reporting to: Departmental Supervisor and Production Manager
- 1.5x overtime for hours worked over 38 hours per week
- Target driven bonus
- Contract type – 3 months temp to perm contract
- Working Hours – 38 hours per week
- Monday to Thursday – 7am to 4pm
- Friday – 7am to 11am (overtime normally allocated after standard hours Friday)
- Paid 10 minute morning and afternoon break
- Unpaid 30 minute lunch break